The simple and ergonomic loading from the front enables clear placement of the objects to be fired.
Function and equipment
Raku is an ancient Japanese technique and means joy. The RAKU 100 chamber kiln ensures that you can also experience this joy when firing your individual pieces. The simple and ergonomic loading from the front enables clear placement of the objects to be fired. Even when hot, the kiln door can easily be opened widely so that it faces away from the operator. Of course appropriate protective clothing must still be worn.
The removal of the ceramic art pieces while hot makes the firing process a real event. The subsequent rapid cooling and immersion by covering the material with leaves, straw, shavings, etc. thereby reducing the glaze. Beautiful colors and the famous craquelure on the surface give each work of art its very own character.
- High-quality insulation with low heat-storage capacity for short heat-up times
- Exclusive use of insulation materials without categorization according to EC Regulation No 1272/2008 (CLP). This explicitly means that alumino silicate wool, also known as “refractory ceramic fiber” (RCF), which is classified and possibly carcinogenic, is not used.
- Special flame manipulation for good temperature uniformity
- Positioning of the gas burner under the kiln resulting in centralized heat transfer to the charge
- Scope of delivery includes a propane gas burner and a starter set of burning aids
- Door adjustable with an opening angle of approx. 270 °
- Environmentally friendly and durable powder coating of the housing
- Defined application within the constraints of the operating instructions
|Model||Tmax||Work space dimensions in mm||Outer dimensions1 in mm||Max. charging weight||Weight|
|°C||w||d||h||W||D||H||in kg||in kg|
|RAKU kiln 100||1100||350||350||350||800||650||1275||10||75|
|burner||Power 15 kW|
|1External dimensions vary when furnace is equipped with additional equipment. Dimensions on request|