Continuous Furnaces Electrically Heated or Gas-Fired
The conveyor technology is tailored to the required working temperature, geometry and weight of the charge and to the requirements regarding available space and integration into the process chain.
Function and equipment
Continuous furnaces are the right choice for processes with fixed cycle times such as drying or preheating, curing, aging, vulcanisation or degassing. The furnaces are available for various temperatures up to a maximum of 1400 °C. The furnace design depends on the required throughput, the process requirements for heat treatment and the required cycle time. The conveyor technology is tailored to the required working temperature, geometry and weight of the charge and to the requirements regarding available space and integration into the process chain. The conveyor speed and the number of control zones are defined by the process specifications.
- Conveyor belt
- Metal conveyor belt with adjusted mesh gauges
- Drive chain
- Roller conveyors
- Rotary hearth
- Electric heating, radiation or convection
- Direct or indirect gas-fired
- Infrared heating
- Heating with the use of external heat sources
- Control of working temperature across the whole length of the furnace, such as for drying or preheating
- Automatic control of a process curve applying defined heat-up, dwell and cooling time
- Heat treatment including a final quenching of the charge
- In air
- For processes with organic outgassings incl. mandatory safety technology according to EN 1539 (NFPA 86)
- In non-flammable protective or reactive gases such as nitrogen, argon or forming gas
- In flammable protective or reactive gases such as hydrogen incl. the necessary safety technology
Basic configuration criteria
- Conveyor speed
- Temperature uniformity
- Operating temperature
- Process curve
- Work space width
- Charge weights
- Cycle time or throughput
- Length of charge and discharge zone
- Generated exhaust gases
- Specific industry standards such as AMS, CQI-9, FDA etc.
- Other individual customer requirements
Process Control and Documentation
As one of the world's largest furnace manufacturers, Nabertherm has many years of experience in the design and manufacture of standardized and customer-specific control systems. All controls are characterized by a very high level of operating convenience and even the basic version has extensive basic functions. Depending on the requirements, the functions can be expanded and adapted to your needs. Professional software solutions for single or multiple furnace management as well as process and batch documentation based on our Nabertherm controllers complete the range.
Also for compliance with industry-specific standards that define process control and documentation, such as for example, the AMS2750F for aviation, the CQI-9 in the automotive industry or the FDA in the pharmaceutical industry we offer standardized solutions.