Bale-Out Furnaces T Electrically Heated, for Melting and Holding
High melting performance with temperature uniformity in the melt.
Function and equipment
Whether in manual pouring operation or integrated in an automated casting cell, the electrically heated tilting furnaces are characterized by very good melt quality, optimum energy efficiency and low-maintenance operation. These furnaces are available with reduced connected load for only holding of aluminum alloys or with increased power for holding and melting as allrounders.
- T ../10 for holding aluminum alloys
- T ../11 for melting and holding aluminum and zinc alloys
- T ../13 for melting and holding copper alloys such as bronze or brass
- Free radiating heating elements arranged on four sides on support tubes provide for long service life and easy replacement
- Twelve months warranty on heating elements
- High melting performance with temperature uniformity in the melt
- Multi-layer insulation for optimum energy efficiency and low external wall temperatures
- Exclusive use of insulation materials without categorization according to EC Regulation No 1272/2008 (CLP). This explicitly means that alumino silicate wool, also known as “refractory ceramic fiber” (RCF), which is classified and possibly carcinogenic, is not used.
- Emergency outlet for safe draining of the melt in case of crucible breakage
- No exhaust gas discharge needed
- Integrated safety system which continues to operate the furnace at reduced power in case of malfunction in the thermocouple, in order to prevent the freezing of the melt
- Over-temperature limiter in furnace chamber for protection against overheating. The limiter switches the heating off when the set limit temperature is reached, and only switches it back on after the temperature has fallen again.
- Low-maintenance furnace chamber control with temperature measurement behind the crucible
- Defined application within the constraints of the operating instructions
Process Control and Documentation
As one of the world's largest furnace manufacturers, Nabertherm has many years of experience in the design and manufacture of standardized and customer-specific control systems. All controls are characterized by a very high level of operating convenience and even the basic version has extensive basic functions. Depending on the requirements, the functions can be expanded and adapted to your needs. Professional software solutions for single or multiple furnace management as well as process and batch documentation based on our Nabertherm controllers complete the range.
Also for compliance with industry-specific standards that define process control and documentation, such as for example, the AMS2750F for aviation, the CQI-9 in the automotive industry or the FDA in the pharmaceutical industry we offer standardized solutions.
- Crucible of clay-graphite or SiC
- Collecting pan under the emergency outlet
- Crucible breakage monitor with visual and audible signal (not for T ../13)
- Bath control with thermocouples in the furnace chamber and in the melt (not for T ../13). The furnace temperature is controlled through the melt. Temperature overshoots are reduced, thus the quality of the melt is improved
- Heating system operated through thyristors
- Multi-step switching of the furnace heat
- Higher electrical ratings to increase melting performance
- Work platform for ease of charging
- Alarm message via SMS, e. g. in the event of crucible breakage
- Process control and documentation via Nabertherm Control Center (NCC) for monitoring, documentation and control
|Heating power||Melting performance3,6||Consumption
|Outer dimensions5 in mm||Weight|
|°C||°C||Al||Zn||Cu||in kW4||in kg/h||kWh/kg||kWh/h||W||D||H||in kg|
|T 80/10||1000||800||BU 200||200||-||-||20||-||-||4/91||1110||1110||940||1050|
|T 110/10||1000||800||BU 300||300||-||-||26||-||-||5/101||1200||1200||1040||1240|
|T 150/10||1000||800||BU 350||350||-||-||38||-||-||5/101||1200||1200||1140||1330|
|T 180/10||1000||800||BU 500||500||-||-||42||-||-||7/151||1370||1370||1250||1400|
|T 240/10||1000||800||BU 600||600||-||-||50||-||-||7/151||1370||1370||1350||1530|
|T 360/10||1000||800||BN 800||800||-||-||50||-||-||8/171||1510||1510||1490||2000|
|T 450/10||1000||800||BU 1800 H 830||1040||-||-||50||-||-||13/201||1685||1685||1360||2400|
|T 560/10||1000||800||BU 1800 H 1000||1400||-||-||50||-||-||13/231||1685||1685||1530||2550|
|T 800/10||1000||800||BU 1800||1800||-||-||70||-||-||15/251||1685||1685||1830||2800|
|T 10/11||1100||950||A 70||20||50||-||16||321||0.41||3/51||860||860||790||550|
|T 20/11||1100||950||A 150||45||110||-||20||421||0.41||3/61||940||940||790||650|
|T 40/11||1100||950||A 300||90||230||-||26||581||0.41||3/71||1010||1010||880||750|
|T 80/11||1100||950||BU 200||200||520||50||1261||0.41||4/91||1110||1110||940||1050|
|T 110/11||1100||950||BU 300||300||790||-||60||1361||0.41||5/101||1200||1200||1040||1240|
|T 150/11||1100||950||BU 350||350||920||-||60||1471||0.41||5/101||1200||1200||1140||1330|
|T 180/11||1100||950||BU 500||500||1320||-||70||1681||0.41||7/151||1370||1370||1250||1400|
|T 240/11||1100||950||BU 600||600||1580||-||80||1801||0.41||7/151||1370||1370||1350||1530|
|T 360/11||1100||950||BN 800||800||2110||-||110||2001||0.41||8/171||1510||1510||1490||2000|
|T 450/11||1100||950||BU 1800 H 830||1040||2740||-||110||2001||0.41||13/201||1685||1685||1360||2400|
|T 560/11||1100||950||BU 1800 H 1000||1400||3690||-||110||2201||0.41||13/231||1685||1685||1530||2550|
|T 800/11||1100||950||BU 1800||1800||4750||-||140||2401||0.41||15/251||1685||1685||1830||2800|
|T 10/13||1300||1150||A 70||20||-||70||16||472||0.32||5/82||900||900||890||650|
|T 20/13||1300||1150||A 150||45||-||150||20||632||0.32||5/102||980||980||890||780|
|T 40/13||1300||1150||A 300||90||-||300||26||842||0.32||5/122||1050||1050||970||960|
|T 80/13||1300||1150||BU 200||200||-||650||50||1902||0.32||5/152||1150||1150||1030||1200|
|1Al at 700 °C
2CuZn at 1000 °C
3The specified melting performances are maximum values. In practice, approx. 80 % are achieved. Values for other materials, e. g. zinc, on request.
4Depending on furnace design connected load might be higher
5External dimensions vary when furnace is equipped with additional equipment. Dimensions on request.
6 Values for other materials, e. g. zinc, on request